Friday 4 October 2013

Taking the Stairs

Dear Rhys,

For the first three months of your life, calming you before bed merely required a gentle swaying motion.  Now, calming you requires several trips up and down the stairs.  As you can imagine, this is the last thing I want to do at the end of the day.  I have come up with a couple theories as to why you are doing this to me.

  1. In an attempt to dislodge you as your due date was neared and then was passed, and then was way passed, I completed numerous laps of the stairs.  Considering how late you arrived, I think it's a fair assumption that you enjoyed my stair travels.  If this is the case, then I am solely to blame and must endure my punishment.
  2. The booking of our upcoming trip to Hawaii coincided with your change in behaviour. I suspect that you are making me walk the stairs in preparation for the inevitable swimsuit wearing on this trip.  If this is the case, then you should really consider a future career as a personal trainer or drill sergeant.  You've really mastered screaming in my ear until I get it right.

Love,
Mommy

Rhys the trainer limbering up!

No comments:

Post a Comment