Monday 15 December 2014

The Birds and the Bees

Dear Miya,

Currently, we know a lot of pregnant women and this has triggered your curiosity about how pregnancy occurs.  I tried dodging your questions, but eventually I gave in.  Without detailing how the process occurs, I told you that an egg gets fertilized and grows into a baby in the Mommy's tummy.

Today, out of the blue, you asked me if Papa fertilized an egg in Gramma's tummy that grew into me.  Once the wave of nausea your question induced had passed, I realized I had forgotten to tell you how I was conceived.  It's called immaculate conception.  Basically, I just appeared in Gramma's tummy.  Coincidentally, all of my siblings came about in the same way.  No fertilization was ever necessary.  That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Love,
Your scarred for life Mommy


No comments:

Post a Comment